Do I need a town planner to build a house




Justin Peel

Generally speaking, building permits for houses are obtainable from a private certifier. However there are numerous occasions when a Material Change of Use or relaxation application may be required from the Council prior to gaining Building Approval. This might occur if your site is mapped as being flood prone, or the setbacks being proposed do not meet the planning scheme. In these circumstances, the services of a town planner can be invaluable. DP&A complete many of these smaller applications and work closely with some certifiers in the region when providing these services.